We are a family business created to assist the health industry in IT matters. Specifically, to translate the ideas and needs of the health industry into ‘real world’ application.
Based predominately in Radiology, Osland Consulting has amassed over 11 years experience in clinical Medical Imaging, and over 8 years experience in the realm of Health IT.
Director, Jamie Osland, is a highly experienced medical imaging professional whose diverse career began in nuclear medicine in 1997 and has progressed through permanent employment in all facets of medical imaging in Australia.
In recent years his main focus has been in RIS / PACS Administration, project management and business development. He is not tied to any one particular technology and is adept at quickly applying generic systems knowledge to new technologies and applications. He has worked extensively with RIS and PACS applications since 1998 and has implemented various software packages in this area.
The key attributes Osland Consulting can offer an organisation include, but are not limited to:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.Willing acceptance of responsibility, with the ability to “own” projects and problems.
- Organisational and management skills, specifically regarding project and people management.
- The ability to manage concurrent projects simultaneously.
- An appreciation of the realities of commercial business, particularly in relation to the management and delivery of a project on time and within budget.
- A broad knowledge of computing, with knowledge of the strengths and weaknesses of technology currently available in the solution of real-world problems.
- Extensive practical experience in all facets of medical imaging.
- Extensive experience in the deliverance of IT solutions in the private, public and community health sectors.
- Extensive practical experience in the interfacing of computers to other technological devices.
- Excellent knowledge of HL7 and DICOM standards with practical experience in system integration and management.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an awareness of the importance of teamwork.
Jamie is acting Vice President on the international board for the PACS Administrators Registry and Certification Association (PARCA).